Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trimspace

trimspace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Okay, so my girlfriend has Windows 7 on her laptop. I use it for various things such as Kongregate and news and what nots. Well recently it started to crash for no reason. There is no warning, it just closes the application. Mostly it seems to have certain keywords that are triggers for it to close. Any 'adult' related keyword causes it to automatically close. Also, anything with mozilla in it, including a search I did where I typed in "internet explorer won't allow me to download mozilla" crashed explorer. It is turning me down for news articles, and even certain games. I even had to register for this forum on my phone first, because IE crashed the minute I clicked on "register."

I have IE 8. I apologize, I've never posted here before so I hope I didn't forget anything.

As a side note, Malwarebytes hasn't found anything in the two full system scans I've done.

-Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Do you logged in on different user accounts? Maybe the profile is corrupted so might wanna try using the admin account or creating another one instead. What are your current protection softwares installed? You would need to let run its windows update and also to IE9 which is the latest version.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users