Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos wont play on Youtube

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 orapaho

orapaho

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I seem to connect to internet fine and go to site like huffingtonpost or youtube, but when I click to play a video- the place where the video will show "an error occurred. Please try again later". The video when it does play at times is very slow. Sometimes Pandora will stutter as well. What gives?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Most likely your connection is slow or your temporary internet files or cache is not being flushed out on a regular basis. Make sure your flash player and java are updated also. You can also removed cookies as well to check as they will be recreated the next time you visit certain websites.

Tekken

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Run a speedtest at SpeedTest.Net and post back the results.

#4 orapaho

orapaho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

I deleted temp files and cookies... no improvement. here is the speed test. It does not look to good.
My link

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

That download speed is way too low to do any video or audio streaming. What speed does your ISP advertise for your plan? 0.13mb/s is almost as bad as dialup.

#6 orapaho

orapaho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

I seem to be able to play videos a little easier from internet explorer, so I ran the speed test there and got a 5Mps download speed there. Is that any good?

My link according to my isp I should be getting 5mps download and 512 upload. I just ran tuneup utilities.

#7 orapaho

orapaho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I just updated my firefox to version 13 and that seems to have fixed the video issue. Thank you for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users