Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing typo3

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 macdadluke23

macdadluke23

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

I have a website that is currently being used on webhost4life.com (web server). What i am trying to do is install TYPO3 this is a web content management program. The instruction are here http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/1.0.0/view/1/2/ on how to install it. My problem is I dont know how to access these files as it says enter your webserver address.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

The "Step-by-Step" section explains it pretty clearly. Which part are you having trouble understanding?

#3 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Is my web server the actual web address or can I find it in MySQL data section. Also I am copying the files directly to the root section so how would I type the address in. For example if the root folder was called myweb i would type www.xxxxxx. Com/myweb to acces the installation

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

The "root folder" on that page refers to where you place files to appear at www.your-domain.com. This is normally the folder simply labeled "www", "wwwroot", "public_html" in your file manager and/or FTP.

The only thing I see for "web server address" is the FTP. This is just your FTP login info. ex: ftp.your-domain.com with the correct username/password. You don't need anything to do with MySQL until you get it ready to install and connect to a database.

#5 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

how do i get it ready to install it and connect it to the database. Also there is no folder labeled "www", "wwwroot", "public_html" I am using webhost4life.com as my wem server.It is a windows based server. All i want to do is install typo3 onto my webserver so i can use it as a web content management system. NPAMA can you send me a message if I can contact yuou directly you seem like you know what you are talking about and i need this typo3 up and running

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

We don't allow people to help via PM for a couple of reasons. First, although it may appear that NpaMA knows what he/she is doing, we all can make mistakes. If you are getting help in private, there is no peer review process, and therefore no safety net for you if by chance NpaMA makes a mistake. This is no reflection on NpaMA at all.

Second, if for some reason a problem occurred, then it would reflect poorly on the membership at BC. It then becomes a quality control issue. We pride ourselves on providing the best help we can, and have a good reputation world wide. If that means we need to fish into private messages to make sure that nothing is going on, the the administrators have that ability. Although this is an action of last resort, and something we loathe to do, it has happened in the past. Again, this is a matter of protecting the reputation of BC, and all of its members.

Finally, this is a public forum. How is it going to help the next person that has the same problem? How much time have you spent searching for an answer to your problem, and how many dead ends have you run into? We are not personal tech support. When our members help, they are volunteering their time to help, and it only makes sense to have the time used to benefit as many people as possible.

To your question at hand, there are a bunch of excellent video tutorials that tell you what you need to do to configure and upload files. What are you using for an upload client? There is even a tutorial that tells you how to use their control panel to upload files. You don't even need to worry about where the files will go. It will handle it for you.

So for us to better help you, could you maybe indicate which tutorials you have read so we can determine whether or not there may be a different tutorial applicable to your problem, or if we can clarify specific parts of the tutorial. :)

#7 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Groovicus I didn't intend to ask for private help, it is that i spent weeks trying to find an solution and i trust BC and its members as they have solve many other issues for me.I just got to the point where i needed support fast and quick. The tutorial i am looking at is this http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/1.0.0/view/1/2/ I am using webhost4life as my webserver and filezilla for my ftp files transfer.

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

That is the typo3 installation instructions. You need to look at the upload instructions for your host and see how to configure your uploads. Typo3 has no idea of the requirements of your host. All you should have to do is upload your files to your host, and then type in the url. According to the instructions, you need to unzip the typo3 zip file, and then upload the entire contents to your web host. If you use your web hosts' control panel, you will not need to use any 3rd party tools at all. Once that6 is done, create the file indicated in step 2 of the instructions, then type in the address of your website, along with the directory of the typo3 install. It should look like this:
http://your-site.example.org/typo3/

If that doesn't get you to the installer (as indicated in the directions), then you need to use the file browser in your hosts' control panel to verify all of the files were uploaded.

#9 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

i get an error (include_path='.;c:\php\5\pear') in \\boswinfs03\home\users\web\b978\whl.gamezwapcom\typo3\init.php on line 200

#10 macdadluke23

macdadluke23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Also my website is www.gamezwap.com.... so i would type in www.gamezwap.com/typo3 to access the file correct

#11 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Also my website is www.gamezwap.com.... so i would type in www.gamezwap.com/typo3 to access the file correct

Yes.

i get an error (include_path='.;c:\php\5\pear') in \\boswinfs03\home\users\web\b978\whl.gamezwapcom\typo3\init.php on line 200

You will have to edit the init.php file to point to wherever php is installed on the host. You will need to contact your host provider for the proper path.

Sounds like you are getting closer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users