Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big Time Windows Media Maker Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 9mmheater

9mmheater

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:36 AM

Ok heres the situation, I was editing some clips in windows movie maker i have like 76 to 7 mins of footage its like atleast 116 mb it has clips 2 songs and 4 pictures i saved the project and i know the files are .asf they perfectly open in it but ok s0 when i was done editing at 10 i went to save it to my computer i changed the save format thing to the portable computer thing and like 145 thingy of it and went to save it it started going up in minutes it got up to 900 minutes in like 4 minutes it stayed at zero also i read around on google some people were saying the same thing cept it took like 3 hours i'm like ok ima let it go while i sleep i w woke up like 9 hours later and its up to like9,000,000 mins and 0% now what is up with this through that night before i went to sleep i took out like 4 clips and a song and still same thing its worked for me before but they were only like minute clips total theres no long clips longest one is like 40 secs i got 2 2 minute songs and some credits also i noticed when it goes to save it saves 512kb and thatss where it stops i guess ... i really need help today pls leave some advice and when i get home i will come on and reply thank you!

EDIT: The version i have is the one that came with the computer ig to this computer a while ago so idk if a newer version will help saving it?

Edited by 9mmheater, 02 March 2006 - 08:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:26 AM

I would definitely try the updated version and see if that helps. Also how much ram do you have, video editing likes lots of ram and not enough can cause problems.

If you are going to do much video I would recommend getting a better program. Adobe Premiere Elements, the lightweight version of their video editing software is under $100 and does a lot.

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

Okay...calm down...breathe....

Okay, do you have XP? If so, do you have service pack 2? If you do not, get SP2; there is a slight update to movie maker that is included with SP2. If you have that, here are some things to know:

-WMM eats up CPU like you wouldn't believe!!! You have to be patient :thumbsup: .

-WMM has several phases to saving a movie; first, it has to render the movie (combine the video clips with the transitions, adds the audio); then it saves. The rendering phase is what makes your compy lag!!

I have WMM; I like to make AMVs (Anime Music Videos :flowers: ). Here is what I did on my laptop:

After I saved the project file, I took out the audio, and saved the movie in stages. For example, I cut out all but the first minute of the movie, then saved it as its own movie file; then, I reopened the project file, and cut out the first minute and the last minute, leaving the second minute, then saved that as a movie; I then reopened the project file again and deleted all but the last minute (and odd seconds) and saved that as a movie. After that, you reopen all three movies, and put them in the proper order, save that as a different project file, add the audio (if you have any) then, finally, save it as a movie. When I did this, it only took about ten-twenty minutes to save!!!! :inlove: That's because by saving it in parts, I cut down on the rendering it needed to do, and it took up a lot less CPU!!

Anyway, that is what worked for me. If you still have questions or issues, here is a great site that helped me:

http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Online-Tutorials.html

Hope that helps!! :trumpet:

#4 9mmheater

9mmheater
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

I cut out all credits now theres no intro no music its just the clips 4 mins long 4 mb still wont save but im downloading windows movie maker 2 now so it should work if not thats bleeped plus even if it does i still gotta add the credits and the intro and the music who knows wut it will do then alls i know is it worked perfectly sunday but i was doing 2 min long vids and it took at least 10 mins for those but it was hgih quality but for these im doing video for pocket pc 143 kbps

EDIT: k downloaded and instaleld it dotn see no drifference i oprnrf the project deleted allt he stuff needed just all short clips did the same save setting it goes to save it says estimated time thing or w/e and it quits out it did this 3 tiems in a row ima try it again and if it doesent work i will try all the other options..it quits out on every option if i try it idk wuts the deal the movie is only 4:20 long

Edited by 9mmheater, 02 March 2006 - 05:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users