Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rootkit infections, unable to remove on my own.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jev11

jev11

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi, I have been told by a tech at my ISP that I have rootkit infection(s) because when I did ipconfig in command prompt that it showed tunnel adapters. He was saying since i dont use my pc to connect to work, it is just use for games mainly that I have no need for a tunnel adapter. He had me look in my device manager under network were it shows microsoft 6to4, microsoft ISATAP adapter, both of which he had me disable, reboot and there is the same adapter just with a "2" beside them. There is also RAS Async adapter. along with Teredo tunneling pseudo-Interface, which was disabled but re enabled itself.

I had been in contact with my ISP tech for about 6 months now due to lack of a stable internet connection. I have extreme speed which should be a stable 22-24 megs down. but on a good day ill get 12-13 and on a bad day ill have 2-4 megs down. I notice this when trying to watch game streams on twitch tv as i sometimes i cant even stream 360 quality.

I have tried various rootkit detection and removal software but nothing has been able to fix my issue so I am looking here to try and get this nasty stuff of my beloved computer.

Also, my email had been hacked, turned into a bot, had 100s of sent emails to random people and also someone had been replying to emails posing as me when talking to a game company because my account had been hacked.

some pc info

using windows 7 64 bit, fully updated
have bitdefender 2012 total security
i5 2500k
8gig ram

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.

Ian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Sorry,you were missed.

This will require an in depth look a nd a day or two wait for a fix. But you will get a reply.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users