Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registery Issue (i Think)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bryan

bryan

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:33 AM

Hi all,

Hope that with a bit of luck you guys may be able to help me out a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My PC is running windows XP and when recently trying to access my internet banking, when i go to the "sign in" part of the process, in the bottom left hand corner it says "error on page" and the page doesnt load.

When i double click on the error statement, a dialogue box appears which says there is a problem with the Web page. However i have now waited for over a week and still not sorted. I tryed logging on at a friends house and it let me in straight away.
When i go to show details of the dialogue box it states:

Line: 58
Char: 4
Error: No such interface supported
Code: 0
URL: (bank website address)

Also when i try and print any web page of any type i get a dialogue that states:

An error has occured in the script on this page.

Line: 228
Char: 1
Error: Interface not recognised
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mundesley

mundesley

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:04 AM

In IE try going to tools/ internet options/advanced and placing a checkmark in "Disable Script Debugging"

#3 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

another method u may try would be to d/l firefox.....it works better...in my opinion. :thumbsup:
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

If you cannot sign-in to your banking page, check your IE security settings, and make sure the site is in your Trusted Zone; it may be that your settings are preventing the use of javascript, cookies, or activeX that allow signing in.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 02 March 2006 - 12:59 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

This might sound overly simplistic, but I actually saw this last week.

Make SURE you are using Internet Explorer when trying to log into your bank. Also, make SURE that you have a version of Internet Explorer that is compatable with your bank's web site.

I saw someone with this exact problem last week, and even though they had upgraded Internet Explorer to version 6, they were using a comcast browser to log into their bank, and of course it would not do it. Opening up IE and going to the site worked perfectly.

How to check your version of IE: Help > About
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 bryan

bryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

have tried evrything suggested above. However, still no joy. Also found out yesterday that i couldnt perform a system restore on my computer either.

Any other ideas would be great

Thanks Bryan

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

What happened when you tried a system restore? Good info on System Restore can be found HERE. An alternative way to use System Restore can be found HERE.

Your computer is exhibiting signs of being infected. You could follow the directions in the HJT Preparation Guide found HERE in an effort to clean it.

Find out what browsers will work on your banks web site, and download install and try a different one, such as firefox or opera (if they are supported by the site).

You could also try this: Start > Run > type " sfc /scannow " (without the quotes)

You might need your original XP disk that came with the computer. What will happen now will take a half hour or possibly longer as Windows will replace any missing or defective Windows files. When completed, remove the disk, reboot, and see if things improve.

In theory this will not affect your data or settings on your computer, but I would recommend backing up your data first anyway. Backups are never a bad idea.

If you run into problems with sfc /scannow, then you might look HERE for an answer first. Or ask back here and we can help!

If none of those ideas work, then I would try a Repair install of Windows.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#8 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

Firewall could be the cause here, seen this before. Disable your firewall and try again.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users