Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

password/username in Windows 2000

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:51 AM

Since i changed to Broadband,i kept on loosing my username and password and had to retype them every time i wanted to go onto the Internet,rather annoying.
This was a problem i could not get to the bottom of,even my ISP and modem manufacturer didn't have any idea.
The problem is known by Microsoft as being pecular to Windows 2000,as of now they don't have a solution.
Since i installed Norton GoBack,which came free with Internet Security the problem has dissapeared.I have no idea why.I have emailed Symantec to see if they can shead some light on the matter.
I am waiting for a reply back.
To be continued shortly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:43 AM

Continued.
I have now heard from Symantec.I quote.
"That issue could be due to some corrupt files or registry entries of Internet Explorer.When you are installing a Norton product it requires Internet Explorer.So when you had installed Norton GoBack some of the corrupted files of Internet Explorer might have changed.This may resulted in resolving your issue".
I am not sure what that means,i am only glad it cleared the problem.
Philip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users