Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan.win32.small.bmpj

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seg42

seg42

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I have an XP box (fully updated) that has a bizzare infection. Kaspersky reads it as trojan.win32.small.bmpj and it picks it up as trying to infect a windows installer file about every two minutes. Kaspersy can delete it, but then it re-appears and then tried to phone home to a set of servers in germany (according to the addres blocks performed by malwarebytes which is currently scanning. I've run a complete kaspersky scan and ran SAS, and didn't pick up anything, other than the fact the the infectet file (C:\windows\installer\4e41a6b3-c247-a512-48d5-49bf8a39e916}\u\80000000.@)keeps reappearing. I also ran TDSSkiller, which didn't find anything, and Tempfilecleaner, just for good measure. Can anyone give me any ideas where to go from here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hello yhis is a Rootkit Zero access

Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users