Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP hangs after the splash screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Akex2388

Akex2388

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hello. I have a computer that just freezes after the Windows XP splash screen. I have to simply power down the computer to start over.

The best thing is that I boot into safe mode and check the registry for errors or things in the startup utility that's preventing XP starting NORMALLY. I've looked at all kinds of ways to fix this issue, but I'm getting nowhere. If anyone has like cleanup suggestions or anything to help XP start normally instead of through safe mode, I appreciate it.

I have considered backing up everything and doing a fresh install of XP, but I really don't want to go that distance... at least not yet.

Thanks in advance for reading and I look forward to your tips.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
2) What do you mean you check the registry for errors?
3) What do you mean you look for things in the startup utility that's preventing XP from starting Normally? What sort of things do you find?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users