Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 unable to start up.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rayzone

rayzone

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi,

I have an Asus A42 Jr laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I was using it a few hours ago until the system froze and restarted. After restarting it it was unable to boot into Windows.

It showed a BSOD with the following error message:

STOP: C0000135 The program can't start becuase %hs is missing. Try reinstalling the program

The system will not start despite restarting, and running startup repair several times.

I have also tried recovering from my backup images but to no avail.

Is there anyone that can help?

Thank you.

Regards,
Raymond

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Is this relevant: http://blog.crosbydrive.com/?p=245 ?

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Are you using a boot disk from the CD-ROM?
Are the backup images on an external drive?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 rayzone

rayzone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

I am running from a flash drive, and yes, the image is from an external drive

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

This is what I would do....reformat using a Linux Live CD and install the image backup.
That is assuming that I would think the backup image is good.

I don't know if the tools on the flash drive you are using to attempt to reimage the drive with
will also reformat the drive or not before attempting to overwrite the existing files on the hdd.

Others may have a better/ quicker suggestion(s).
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 rayzone

rayzone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the instruction. I will try that out later when i have access to my laptop.

I am using Paragon Backup & recovery to restore my image [created in 2010] as Asus does not provide a Windows 7 disc with the laptop.

Will keep an update of the recovery status.

Regards,
Raymond

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

If you would like any suggestions on doing that, please ask.

#8 rayzone

rayzone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi,

I managed to get Hiren's BootCd to access my fikes and did what Allan told me to checked from the website given, but is unable to find the registry key change.

I also noticed that the recovery process from Paragon was unsuccessful, as nothing was changed in my C:\ drive.

What should i do now? Pls avise.

Thank you

Raymond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users