Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Rid Of Aol!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 akeem

akeem

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:01 AM

So my aunt recently sold my mom a used computer. At the time, my aunt had AOL. My mom signed up for Comcast Internet. They came out and hooked her up. They said it was "pathing" through AOL at times but thought they could fix that. Even though AOL is supposed to be gone, when she tries to click on any of the ways to access the Internet, nine out of ten times, she gets a screen that says, Microsoft Internet provided by AOL" at the top of the screen. When she types in Comcast, it takes a minute and then says, "Server not found". She never makes it to the internet, let alone the Comcast home page. I have heard that this is fairly common with AOL and it may be better to just buy her a new computer. Please help...

Mod edit: moved from HJT forum to Internet Browsing forum.

OT

Edited by OldTimer, 07 March 2006 - 06:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users