1. Cannot get into Firefox (my browser of choice) and other applications. Got the following message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.
2. I can get into Internet Explorer
Other Observations / Problems:
1. I can open .txt .rtf documents.
2. In IE8, when I click on links to go to sub-pages or hit open in new tab / window, sometimes it will take me to the destination page and sometimes it will loop me back to the original page.
3. On my desktop all of the icons are highlighted, but again some apps will launch and others will not.
4. My CPU Usage has been running constantly at 100% but now it has run at 100%, but also run much lower like 40% or even as low as 8%.
1. I uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 yesterday using Revo Uninstaller, took a long time – 9 hours or so due to registry items. So I am assuming that something got deleted that should not. ETA: Weirdly IE7 is still loaded on my laptop.
2. The computer is a Dell Latitude D610.
Edited by Anne_ATL, 13 June 2012 - 11:40 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I infected - Hamluis.