Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Browsers IE/Google Chrome?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 symone80

symone80

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hello Everyone, I have recently noticed that when I use either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, that there are multiple processes running. This is putting my CPU at almost 100% at times. When try to play games on facebook it is even worse, making the sound lag as well. At times there have been up to 10 processes of IE/Google Chrome running at one time (for whatever one I am using at the time. I have tried both browsers because I was hoping it was just an issue with Google Chrome but it happens no matter what one I choose. I've tried uninstalling both browsers and reinstalling them, clearing cache, cookies, history, as well as system restore, defragmenting my disk, clearing out old active x, moving old files and pictures to flash drive to gain memory. I've even tried ending other processes that I am currently not using or that the computer doesn't "need" to function to try and boost the performance (ex. Itunes, DIVX...). Nothing works!! I truly feel that it is an issue with the multiple instances of google chrome/IE running that is doing this as I have no problems doing any other tasks on my computer. Are these processes normal or some type of adware/malware/virus/trojan? Any insight or help that anyone can offer into my issue is much appreciated. I am by no means a computer wizard/genius but I have a pretty good knowledge base that allows for me to follow directions or advice pretty well. I am very much so looking forward to hearing from all of you, thanks a milion in advance as this is driving me crazy!! I wanted to include a screen shot of the task manager but the uploader on here said that I am not allowed to upload that type of file. I saved the document including the screen shots for anyone interested in seeing them.

As a side note, I have an HP pavilion dv4 notebook pc (pentium dual core CPU 2.10 GHz, 4 GB installed RAM, 64 bit operating system). I have windows 7, use McAfee total protection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Download Process Explorer then extract/unzip and run the program.
Click on View Menu then Select Columns and place a checkmark on Command Line. Go to File and save as Procexp.txt and attach on your next reply.

Tekken

#3 symone80

symone80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Thank you for replying to my post jhayz. The information you requested is attached.

#4 symone80

symone80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

I don't think it attached properly the first time, sorry.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users