Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: New Laptop Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madrigal

Madrigal

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

My budget for the new computer is: Under $800

What are the primary uses for this computer: The primary uses for this computer will be Internet browsing and email, storing music and pictures, and art programs such as Paint Tool Sai, Photoshop, etc. I will also be using a drawing tablet.

What software do you intend on using on the computer? I need the basic Microsoft Office stuff for writing essays and other such homework, as well as Windows Media Player. I plan to mainly use art software such as Paint Tool Sai and Photoshop. And Skype.

Do you play games? I play very few games, but I very rarely play games that you buy at the store. If I did play games, they would be on game websites such as www.addictinggames.com for example. (I don't know the technical term for these kinds of games, sorry.)
I will not be playing any sort of MMORPG or graphics-heavy game.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? I usually only have the Internet open, Windows Media Player, and one other program.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? I will be storing mainly pictures and music on the computer, so yes.

Other: This computer is intended for use in Spain. I don't know exactly what is different there computer-wise.
I would also like a light up keyboard for typing in dim conditions.
Something travel-worthy would also be nice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bitesized1612

bitesized1612

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html

I've used an Acer for about 4 years now, and with the except of Vista being rather terrible, it's specs are perfect for the tasks that you are describing that you tend to do. You can get a higher end model for more intensive tasks or upgrade the less expensive ones, whatever works out.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

#3 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

TOSHIBA Satellite S875D-S7239 - Capable of playing games and it has a large screen which is useful when your photoshopping.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users