Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tortuga Pirates of the new world

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

I bought this game a while back and wanted a trip down memory lane so thought I'd reinstall it. Problem is it doesnt want to work.

If you try to install it it comes up saying it is a trojan and blocks the install. Well, I know its not so I turned of the resident shield and created an exception for the game and managed to get it to install. Problem is when you try to run the game it just wont load. I tried all the compatibilities and got nothing. So I went hunting online for patches and found one. Installed it and now instead of simply refusing to run it says that its having probelms loading x64 driver and to reboot and asks if i remembered to reboot (tried it nothing happens).

Has anyone else got this game? Has anyone else managed to get the game to run? The company who made it has gone bust so I cant contact them and seeing as its a relatively unknown game I cant find any forums for it.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Im guessing your running it on a 64 bit system, and the game is designed to run on a 32 bit system. Have you tried installing a 32 bit version of windows inside a virtual box?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I wish I understood what that means. How would I do that exactly?

Also on a side note I tried installing dungeon keeper 2 and a similar thing happens in that when i double click to get it to play the disc whirs and stuff but doesnt actually do anything :( seems all the classics just dont want to play anymore
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

well, there are two different types of operating systems, 32 bit and 64 bit. All old OSes (xp home and newer, XP pro was the first to come with 64 bit compatibility) were 32 bit, since the processors were only 32 bit, and that was what the games were designed to run on. Newer CPUs are 64 bit, (in easy terms, their far better) and so they started offering both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems, the 64 bit operating systems were the ones that could fully utilize the processor, while the 32 bit ones could not but would still run, and Im guessing that the games your trying to play arnt supported by 64 bit processors/operating systems, and thats what you have, which means that they wont run, without installing a 32 bit operating system. We can go through the steps of creating a virtual box if you want, but that takes a bit of work and a legitimate copy of a 32 bit version of windows (in addition to the one you already have installed) plus a computer powerful enough to run if you wish, but you should decide just how bad you want to play these games.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users