Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Java 31

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dac444

dac444

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Ever since I installed the most recent Java update (31) Internet explorer asks for the administrator password to run Java every time it starts. Also even when given on one of my user accounts it will say "java not installed" on some websites. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and even changing my security settings without luck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

ugh.. Java, I hate Java. I just barely had to deal with Java a few days ago and I have came to the conclusion, I only like the coffee kind :P

I had a particular problem making Firefox recognize Java, so I asked their support forums and one helpful tech guy told me this:

"I suggest uninstalling all your Javas and grabbing the newest one, which actually is Java 7 (there is a gradual rollout of Java 7; Java 6 is still secure and up-to-date if you prefer). The Java test page will lead you back to the download: http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp "

I'm not sure if this is the info you are looking for, but going to version 7 seemed to help my Java problems dramatically.

Edited by Curious Mew, 12 June 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#3 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

when i have had java voes, like uninstallation failed and other problems, this little program have helped me resolve it.

http://singularlabs.com/software/javara/

i hope it might help you too!

TFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users