Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latest Apple features and updates announced at the Apple's WWDC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Today is the Apple World Wide Developer Conference and there is a lot of news coming out of the conference about the various updates to both their hardware and software platforms. Below are a list of the latest available updates or those coming out in the near future.

The MacBook Air has been updated with the following features and are already available for shipping:

Updated to use the 3rd Generation Intel processors.
Up to 2.0Ghz Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.2Ghz.
Up to 8GB of 1600Mhz Memory
Up to 512GB Flash storage.
Two USB 3 ports
11" model for $999 and $1,099 and 13" for $1,199 and $1,499

The MacBook Pro has also been updated with options that are available today:

Up to 2.7Ghz Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.7Ghz.
Up to 16GB of 1600Mhz RAM
Up to 768GB of flash storage.
Now uses the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M that has 1GB dedicated memory
2 USB 3 ports, 2 Thunderbolt ports, an HDMI port, and a SDXC card slot.
13" from $1,199.00 & 15" from $1,799.00

The exciting news for Apple laptops is their announcement of a 15.4" MacBook Pro with Retina display. This next-gen version of the MacBook Pro utilizes a Retina display with a resolution 2880x1800. This new feature, though, comes at a hefty price that starts at $2,199.00.

The new features slated for the upcoming Mountain Lion operating system:

• iCloud support is built in. You will now be able to sync your contacts, calendar, reminders, notes, and mail between your Mac and your portable iOS devices. This includes a new Documents in the Cloud feature.
  • Dictation allows you to speak commands to your Mac.
  • New sharing buttons that allow you to share URLs, data, or events with other services and apps.
  • New Safari
  • iCloud Tabs allows you to see what tabs are open across all your cloud-connected devices.
  • Tab View uses mouse gestures to navigate tabs.
  • Notification Center that is similar to the iOS version.
  • Power Nap allows you to enter a power saving mode while still keeping your Mac up to date with services such as email, software updates, and iCloud synchronizations, and Time Machine backups.
  • AirPlay Mirroring lets you mirror what you are seeing on your Mac with other AirPlay enabled devices.
  • Game Center will allow you to play head-to-head with other Mac's and even iOS devices.
  • Mountain Lion ships in July for $19.99 from the Apple App Store.
  • Get a free Mountain Lion upgrade when you purchase a new Mac.

The new features slated for the upcoming iOS 6.0 include:

• Siri updates that include more sports, restaurant, movies, and OpenTable integration. Siri also has the ability to launch apps.
  • Eyes Free allows you to use Siri without pressing the iOS device button, but instead from the steering wheel. They hope to integrate this over the next 12 months with most major car manufacturers.
  • Siri is coming to the iPad 2nd generation and newer. Sorry no Siri for the Ipad 1 :(
  • Integrated Facebook application. Siri can also interact with Facebook. This new application will also have the ability to import photos and calendars to the iOS.
  • New controls for when you receive a phone call. You will now have the ability to Reply with a Message to a phone call instead of answering if you are in the middle of something. Instead the caller will be given a message such as "when i get home", "one hour" , "when i get to work".
  • There are more Do Not Disturb customizations for incoming messages and phone calls.
  • FaceTime now works over cellular services!
  • Offline reading lists allow articles to be downloaded to cache to be read when your offline.
  • Shared photo streams allows you to share a stream of pictures with someone.
  • VIP status in Mail allows you to specify a contact that you want to be notified about when they send you an email.
  • Passbook allows you to store all your boarding passes, tickets, and movie tickets in one location.
  • Guided Access for those with disabilities that let's you get rid of certain buttons.
  • Able to lock the device to Single app mode so you can not use the home button.
  • Major update for Maps with 32 cartography, traffic service with anonymous and crowd sourced data to keep it up to date, car button that gives you ETA on arrival, and turn by turn navigation with integration with Siri.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Love the new look for the MacBook pro, not sure if I like the idea of no hard drive though. Kinda wish apple would have updated the Mac pros, they are getting quite old hardware and design wise.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I was expecting Apple to be unveiling some super touchscreen tech. Looks like M$ might beat them to the punch this time.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

You never know though with apple, in September they could push out an 27 inch imac with a super touch screen with the same tech as the iPhone.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Again no software update for the iPods except the Touch. The Classic interface needs an update.

Posted Image

#6 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

The MacBook Air has been updated with the following features and are already available for shipping:

Up to 2.0Ghz Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.2Ghz.
Up to 8GB of 1600Mhz Memory
Up to 512GB Flash storage.
Two USB 3 ports
11" model for $99 and $1,099 and 13" for $1,199 and $1,499

Typo there?
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users