Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vocal sound bites of tv commercials come and go

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Enidtoo

Enidtoo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

After logging in i get sound bites of commercials, bits and pieces that come and go. To avoid them i mute the volume. Have run several security programs but they don't seem to catch this problem. How can I eliminate this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hello and welcome. I moved this from XP to Am I INfected.

Lets see if we can see something.
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Posted Image and save it to your desktop.
  • Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
  • If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.
  • Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, go to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder > Tools > click on Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).

Download Bootkit Remover to your Desktop.

• Unzip downloaded file to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on boot_cleaner.exe to run the program (Vista/7 users,right click on boot_cleaner.exe and click Run As Administrator).
  • It will show a Black screen with some data on it.
  • Right click on the screen and click Select All.
  • Press CTRL+C
  • Open a Notepad and press CTRL+V
  • Post the output back here.

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Enidtoo

Enidtoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

aswMBR version 0.9.9.1665 Copyright© 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2012-06-02 08:48:50
-----------------------------
08:48:50.296 OS Version: Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
08:48:50.296 Number of processors: 2 586 0xF06
08:48:50.296 ComputerName: LLOYD-7E4DA50F7 UserName: Lloyd
08:48:53.906 Initialize success
08:48:54.078 AVAST engine defs: 12060200
08:48:57.265 Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3
08:48:57.265 Disk 0 Vendor: WDC_WD1200BEVS-75RST0 04.01G04 Size: 114473MB BusType: 3
08:48:57.312 Disk 0 MBR read successfully
08:48:57.328 Disk 0 MBR scan
08:48:57.328 Disk 0 Windows XP default MBR code
08:48:57.328 Disk 0 Partition 1 80 (A) 07 HPFS/NTFS NTFS 114463 MB offset 63
08:48:57.328 Disk 0 scanning sectors +234420480
08:48:57.390 Disk 0 scanning C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
08:49:06.656 Service scanning
08:49:33.312 Modules scanning
08:49:55.859 Disk 0 trace - called modules:
08:49:55.890 ntkrnlpa.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys ACPI.sys hal.dll atapi.sys pciide.sys PCIIDEX.SYS
08:49:55.890 1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0x8a5f19c0]
08:49:55.890 3 CLASSPNP.SYS[ba108fd7] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\00000070[0x8a5ba490]
08:49:55.890 5 ACPI.sys[b9f7f620] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3[0x8a5e3940]
08:49:56.765 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS
08:50:02.156 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32
08:52:30.781 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
08:52:45.046 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\Lloyd
08:53:54.687 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Lloyd\Desktop\MBR.dat"
08:53:54.687 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Lloyd\Desktop\aswMBR LOG.txt"

This is the only log I could download to Desktop. MalwareBytes stopped in the middle of the scan...said to report to Microsoft. Bootkit did not run as indicated...it just did nothing. But aswMBR did complete as indicated.
The sounds just keep coming...and now blank pages keep appearing even as I write this email. I keep x-ing them out...but they keep appearing.
Does this help at all?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hello, sorry for the delay.... We are going to need to get a deeper look to find this.

Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Enidtoo

Enidtoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

The computer totally crashed. I can't log in at all. I'm calling a halt...I am going to buy a new laptop...and go on from there. Thank you very much for all your help. I truly appreciate what you do for all of us. It's good to know that people like you are there for us.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

If you would like this can be restarted,, but if you prefer to co that I can respect it>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users