Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i install Movie Maker 2009 without installing Directx 3d 9?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FlyerX

FlyerX

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

HI!

i needed to edit a short clip, i already have pinnacle video spin, but i use that for longer videos, not for 20, 30 secs clips, i just wanted to add text to the video.

i remember that i find for an alternative to moviemaker time ago because moviemaker can export in 30fps, but ok i am fine with pinnacle, but for short clips i want to use moviemaker.

The problem is that in the intallation, in the list of stuff that it will install with it, it is Directx 3d 9, i already have directx 11, and i dont want to downgrade. i have read in many forum that it doesn't overwrite it because after installation it can be verified in dxdiag, i don't know what happen, but even when dxdiag says that directx 11 is there, there is a noticeable decrease in video performance AFTER the installation of the software that ask for directx9 what i suspect, that directx WAS installed but for some reason dxdiag still shows directx 11.

i dont know WHY moviemaker can't detect directx 11 and to work with that, it's the same unresolved case of the nero 7 on windows 7, that ask for the directx 9 too. and if not, it can't be installed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

uhhhm....
is directx 9 and direct3d 9 the same?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

According to Wikipedia Direct3D is a component of DirectX.

Direct3D is part of Microsoft's DirectX application programming interface (API).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Direct3D for more information.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

umju... but.. moviemaker ask for direct3d 9, i suppose, from the directx 9, i dont want to dongrade, what is a solution? why cant moviemaker 2009 can not be installed with directx 11 and its current 3d version?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Looks like compatibility is the issue. See here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/have-directx-11-but-doesnt-meet-windows-live-movie/1a936b65-36de-4fac-9959-8b5e60d47d10

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

My answer are far away from what they are writhing there, they are talking about multiple monitors, video outputs and problems with some settings after restarting, it start talking about the directx issue, then about runing moviemaker on mac.... but no solution to the issue itself

are anyone able to help me with this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users