Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP Address Conflict issues on Network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Static Shock

Static Shock

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

I have a wireless router set up in my household. It is a Belkin n600 DB router. Sometimes, there are IP address conflicts. There are many devices on the networks, but sometimes, I will get a windows error that says "There is another device on the network that shares the same IP address as this computer." This problem seems to only be related to the 2.4 GHz network, mostly because that is where most of the other devices are at. Also, when I go to the router settings page, sometimes when I log in I get the message "Duplicate Administrator! This device is managed by 192.168.x.x currently!!" This cannot be true, seeing as I am the only person who know the router admin password. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Are you set up for DHCP or static ip addressing?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Static Shock

Static Shock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Are you set up for DHCP or static ip addressing?

DHCP

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

How many devices are connected to the network?, Are they all on most of the time?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users