Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer locking up + fuzzy noise from speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chris3711

chris3711

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hey,

So this started happening a few months ago on my computer that I built, but it stopped for awhile. Unfortunately it started up again. The problem is whenever I am playing a game sometimes the computer locks up and a strange fuzzy noise comes from the speakers. The weird thing is the game continues to run I just can't do anything and am forced to turn off the computer by holding the power button. It's an online game and I am still able to see people talking in chat and people around me doing stuff. So pretty much it freezes and loses sound and keyboard/mouse control. It use to only do this when I was playing a game but now it sometimes does it while booting up and freezes sometimes between the BIOS splash screen and getting to windows login. Based on the fact that after it freezes a game can still run normally with internet it seems like there could be a possible motherboard problem? Not sure. Also my drivers are all up to date. Below are my computer specs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ripjaw 8 GB ram
FX-6100 AMD processor
Geforce 550 Ti
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ mobo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

By constant lock-up usually means a possible overheating problem so you might wanna check your hardware temps. from time to time. Did you check if any soundcard installed might be the culprit and using the onboard instead? How about lowering any audio settings?

Tekken

#3 chris3711

chris3711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Well I cleaned some dust out of the computer and it seems to be working fine now.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Good to hear that house cleaning did the trick for you. :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users