Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Can'tbe Good For The Health Of My Pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nordic Avenger

Nordic Avenger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:17 PM

This problem has been around on my computer for quite a while, as such I've learned to live with it, but now it's really starting to get on my nerves. I tried searching the forums for any sign of people suffering from automatic restarts but to no avail.

So here's what's going on:

Whenever I run games on my computer (ones that alter the resolution [maybe it's linked?]) they run for a few minutes before a quick flash of BSOD pops up and then the computer resets on it's own. I tried cleaning up my computer with AdAware and my Symantec Anti-Virus client and they also cause this same error. From what little information I can gather, I was at one point or still am infected by a virus called "Trojan ByteVerify" which is probably responsible for all this. I had quarantined the files for a while but then decided it would be better to delete them.

After these automatic resets my computer generally runs stable for a while (other times it just keeps resetting itself), however if I try to run a game or anything else again it'll either hang or reset in a far less amount of time. At this point I find it nessecary to turn the computer off entirely before doing anything with it again. Furthermore, the computer occasionally hangs while loading Windows and requires a reset. I've tried Error Reporting and I'm brought to this page: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?...f9a50315&SID=10 Since I assumed that there was a problem with my video card I went ahead and updated the drives on it and made sure all my Windows drivers were up to date. Still no luck.

It you need more info, I'll do what I can.

ps: Sadly I cannot post the contents of the Blue Screen report because it's only there for a few milleseconds before the computer resets. Though the other day I got one while shutting down my computer and it read:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x0000000a 0x0000001c 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x804e844f

I don't know if it's related.

Thanks you for any help you can provide.

Edited by Nordic Avenger, 01 March 2006 - 02:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:25 PM

It sounds to me like your computer may be overheating. Try opening the case and clear out any dust that may be residing in there. I would also check to make sure that the fans are running.

Edited by WlkingMan, 01 March 2006 - 02:26 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

I was at one point or still am infected by a virus called "Trojan ByteVerify" which is probably responsible for all this.

This is how to remove the Trojan ByteVerify discrepancies:

:thumbsup: Click Start | Settings | Control Panel
Click the Java Plugin Icon
Click the Cache tab
Click the Clear button and click OK to confirm
Note: Please repeat this procedure for each "Java Plugin" button in your Control Panel.

:flowers: Control Panel > Java > General tab
Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files
Checkmark all 3 options and click OK.

David

Edited by D-Trojanator, 01 March 2006 - 03:24 PM.

#4 Nordic Avenger

Nordic Avenger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

It sounds to me like your computer may be overheating. Try opening the case and clear out any dust that may be residing in there. I would also check to make sure that the fans are running.

I opened up the case and took a household vaccum to it, pulled out my video cardand cleaned it by hand. I took off the fans and cleaned underneath them and after putting it back together and turning it on I found that one of my fans was not working properly, it would click but never start spinning. I grabbed a pencap and gave it a little encouragement spin and it took off again. Ever since the computer has been running like a dream, thanks a lot guys!

#5 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

You're very welcome!

Im glad you got it working good again. :thumbsup:

Feel free to come back when ever you find another problem.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users