Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can audio be exported from digital recorder to PC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skymaster191

skymaster191

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I have a little pocket sized Sony digital recorder. It looks like there is a connection for it. But I can't find any cable, if it even came with one. Can I transfer audio from this recorder to my PC with Windows 7?

Edited by skymaster191, 07 June 2012 - 03:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

What is the model number of the recorder. We can check specs and see if it has an audio out jack. Without knowing the model and it's functionality and capabilities we are all guessing. If it doesn't have an audio out. The only way I can see to get the audio onto the computer. Would be to play the audio and use a microphone on the computer to capture it if you have one.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

The key here really is the model number to find a user manual.

For the least expensive models the only option may be to play back the audio and record it to your PC, either with a microphone or a patch cable.

Some recorders have a mini or micro USB port (is this the connection you mentioned?), so transferring the file via USB might be an option. It's unlikely that a recorder would have a non-standard interface -- the user documentation would tell you what cable to use.

If your recorder uses interchangeable memory cards, like SD or micro-SD cards, the best way is to pull the card, plug it into a card reader, and read the file.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

If you have a Sony ICD-BX112 then you only have an earphone and microphone jack.

If you have a Sony ICD-PX312 model recorder it allows download/transfer via USB.

EDIT: meant to add that the flash storage is built in and record in MP3.

Edited by buddy215, 08 June 2012 - 06:48 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 skymaster191

skymaster191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

I checked again, and my model only has earphone and microphone jacks like Buddy says.

Wait a minute, I just thought of something. My Samsung camcorder with SDHC memory card, will easily export to and replay on Windows 7. I should be able then to store the audio on my hard drive. If for some reason that doesn't work, I'll buy a PC microphone if it's cheap.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by skymaster191, 09 June 2012 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users