Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win-one-click

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acooldozen

acooldozen

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:57 PM

:thumbsup: .......anyone ever heard of this program? Google does not give much info. It is not on the rogue list but unable to find out much about it.
.......and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:01 PM

With all the good anti-spware applications available, I would not take a chance with using something unknown (as evidenced by the lack of information about it after a web search).Where did you hear about this application?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 acooldozen

acooldozen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

With all the good anti-spyware applications available, I would not take a chance with using something unknown (as evidenced by the lack of information about it after a web search).Where did you hear about this application?
Regards,
John

Trying to help someone on another forum with access problems using WindowsME, which I use and am quite familiar with. This individual is not computer wise (yet), has lung cancer and trying very hard. Will pass on your comments as well. Any additional info will be welcomed!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:44 PM

I would certainly recommend without reservation Ad-AwareSE and Spybot S&D, since I have used both for several years. I find the former somewhat easier to use, and it has a better GUI, so that might be a first choice for the person you are trying to help.

There are several more listed under the pinned "free applications" in the all other forum; these have all been used with success by many members here. I would also re-inforce the notion, especially for a relative new user, to never download ANYTHING without doing a web search about the product; too many applications (especially the fun/pretty type) are repleat with spyware and poor coding.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 acooldozen

acooldozen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

.....Yes, I have all the necessary programs as well & certainly do recommend & Install them when helping friends and family. Thanx for the input. It is greatly appreciated.........doing some more googling and....does (Win-one-click Installer) ring a bell??

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

A link to where John was talking about:
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
Look under the Trojan Removal and Spyware Removal headings.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users