Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Big-O

Big-O

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

For about a week now my internet connection is lost only on one laptop in my home wireless. My phone and other devices work fine.

When using IE this is the error message I get: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, we can try "Diagnose Connection Problems". When I run this sometimes it repairs the connection. Then after awhile the connection is lost again. When I rerun the diagnose connection problems: I get the message "Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock Provider Catalog on this computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer across the network. Would you like Windows to reset the catalog to the default confirguration? This computer might need to be restarted to restore network connectivity. Yes or No"

Again this happens even after the restart. Please help.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211 .

Louis

#3 Big-O

Big-O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Error when I ran both. "Troubleshooting cannot continue because an error has occurred. Code 80072EFD." I have tried multiple times.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

I would try two things:

a. Run the chkdsk /r command. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen, hit Enter. Reboot.

b. Run the sfc /scannow command

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html

Louis

#5 Big-O

Big-O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

I connected the laptop via a ethernet cable. And I'm running the fixes now. I will update.

#6 Big-O

Big-O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

So far its working great. I did all of your suggestions.

Thank you very much,

Bruce

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Keep an eye on it for a few days...if problems return, post back and we'll try to assist :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users