Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a CD on Windows XP Professional (Sp1)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Durga119

Durga119

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

I am having Operating System Windows Vista 32-bit (sp2) and it was pre-loaded with my Desktop bought on July, 2007. Now, Vista cannot fulfill my Professional requirements. So, I want to 'Downgrade" to Windows XP Professional. As such I need one CD on Windows XP Professional O.S. Can anybody give me some hints on it ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Google works, http://www.google.com/search?q=Tiger+Direct&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS403#hl=en&gs_nf=1&gs_mss=Buy%20XP%20Prof&pq=tiger%20direct&cp=19&gs_id=1v&xhr=t&q=Buy%20XP%20Professional&pf=p&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS403&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Buy+XP+Professional&aq=0&aqi=g1g-K3&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4000cc63a6520608&biw=1440&bih=699 .

FWIW: You need more than just an XP CD...to install XP on some systems which were not designed for it and have no drivers provided for XP. Best place to check if there are XP drivers for an OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) would be the manufacturer's driver webpage for that system...before spending any cash.

An O/S disk without the proper system drivers...is just trouble.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users