Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't shut down normally

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beth102

Beth102

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

I have Acer Aspire laptop 5560-Sb256 laptop with Windows 7 and lately when I go to shut it down, it gets hung up and the circle comes on...so I close the computer for the night...or whatever...later when I turn it on battery is worn down and I plug it in...Windows does not start normally but it starts...

I tried restoring it to an earlier time that did not fix it.

What might be causing this problem and how can I fix it? Help!!

Edited by Beth102, 06 June 2012 - 11:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

If you have the Windows 7 installation disc, try inserting it and attempting repair - it may help, it has helped me a lot of times. :)

Edited by Alvas Rawuther, 06 June 2012 - 11:45 PM.

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users