Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow startup aswell as GPU overheating.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Coltron

Coltron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hey there. First of all, I'm a brand new member to the site. Forgive me if this post should've been posted elsewhere on the forums and so fourth.

Anyways, about a month or so ago, I finally downloaded Speccy, a form of software that was used to detect the temperatures of different pieces of hardware within your system. Turns out that, after being used intensely, and for a few hours, my GPU would severely overheat to around 90-95 degrees Celsius (the highest being 98C).

After ignoring such issues because I'm a complete moron, my startup had suddenly gotten slower (it has gone from being a minute or so to around 3-5minutes), and my fan now will rapidly turn on, and turn off during startup.

Anyways, that's pretty much my problem here. What is the most likely source of the problem, and what would be my best option at this point?

Specs below (forgive me if I leave some information out :P)

Model: d5100t (HP)
CPU: Intel Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz
GPU: ATI Raedon 4850 HD
4GB of RAM
HDD:733GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721075KLA330 (SATA)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Larry D. Lawrence II

Larry D. Lawrence II

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

First clean the computer inside and out. When cleaning a computer, be sure to turn it off before you start cleaning. Compressed air (Duster) is recomended for the inside of the case. You can use a vacuum to suck up dirt, dust, or hair around the computer on the outside case. However, do not use a vacuum for the inside of your computer as it generates a lot of static electricity that can damage the internal components of your computer. If you need to use a vacuum to clean the inside of your computer, use a portable battery powered vacuum designed to do this job. When cleaning fans, especially the smaller fans within a portable computer or laptop it's suggested that you either hold the fan or place something in-between the fan blades to prevent it from spinning. Spraying compressed air into a fan or cleaning a fan with a vacuum may cause damage or back voltage to be generated.
check your tepms and we will go to the next steps if they are still high.

Larry D. Lawrence II
MCSE, MCP,ACMT, ACTC
Dell, HP, Toshiba, Apple, Lenovo, and IBM Certified Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users