Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot download anything from internet and right click is gone...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johngol

johngol

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

thankyou in advance for taking the time to read and maybe help with my problem..

I use Windows XP on a MSI wind notebook...

3 days ago I noticed that there seemed to be somesort of virus in my computer, I went to various websites and I have tryed to download anything that would help clean the system, whenever I click the download button the hourglass appears for a split second and than nothing..

My internet explorer also seems to be off also because none of the tabs have writing in them..
My right click doesn't work at all in internet explorer..
The "tools button and information bar" do not apear to be there..

When I start up the computer a box says.. MSIWmiAcpi dll isn't running..
I have tryed to nagaivate through safe mode and I get the same results (as far as any downloads of anti virus software that I tryed)

I called McAfee and after a small amount of time trying to trouble shoot, one thing they asked me to do was input inetcpl.cpl into the RUN box and that didn't work either.. it just brought me to a point where they wanted me to pay 135 and give them remote access to clean everything up.. which I declined to do..

late last night I ran MRT.EXE through the run box and after waiting an hour and 45 mins, it acted like it found 5 things wrong and that it was going to clean them up after the computer restarted but the computer would never shut off.. at that point I forced the shut down and when it reloaded the problems still existed..

I thankyou again for reading this and trying to help, I hope that I don't sound to long winded but I tryed to explain everything that has happened over the past few days..

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2012 - 08:00 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johngol

johngol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

is there any hope?

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

I assume you have some other computer you're posting from?
If so do you have USB flash drive to transfer files from good computer to bad one?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 johngol

johngol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

no, I am still able to get into internet explorer and go to a few pages..

it just feels like the begining of the end to me.

I do not have a USB drive, or another computer to use, maybe a family members - should I ask?

and thanks for all and any help

*also i tryed to uninstall IE8 and that also gave me a huge problem today, maybe its my meddeling but I don't think there is any way to fix it

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Did you try system restore?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users