Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook question......sorry!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doresy

doresy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

I have seen from other sites that I am not alone in this query but no one seems to have an answer or explanation that I can understand.

When I make a photo album in Facebook it shows up on my Timeline but not in my News Feed page. I have the setting set to View by friends and have tried sharing but still not on my News Feed. I have tried Most Recent and Top Stories too. If a friend shares the album then it shows on my News Feed temporarily then disappears again.

I know in the 'old days' albums showed in the News Feed but no longer. Has this been noticed by other members here and more importantly has anyone got around it?
Windows XP Home....Netgear DG834G wireless modem/router....ISP- AOL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

oooooooow! 96 views and not a single comment :mellow: So glad I came here for some contact.... :wink:

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

I have seen from other sites that I am not alone in this query but no one seems to have an answer or explanation that I can understand.

oooooooow! 96 views and not a single comment :mellow: So glad I came here for some contact.... :wink:

With a less than descriptive topic title, I'm fairly certain that the 96 views you mention were curiosity based. Not members who had an answer or explanation that was potentially understandable. As you have already alluded to that exists on other forums.

I personally think Facebook has gone the wrong direction with timeline. I doubt the situation you describe has a fix or if it does, it's only temporary while Facebook keeps fiddling with their member accounts.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 doresy

doresy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

With a less than descriptive topic title, I'm fairly certain that the 96 views you mention were curiosity based. Not members who had an answer or explanation that was potentially understandable. As you have already alluded to that exists on other forums.

I personally think Facebook has gone the wrong direction with timeline. I doubt the situation you describe has a fix or if it does, it's only temporary while Facebook keeps fiddling with their member accounts.

Take your point about my title attracting mainly the curious but still think out of 96 odd it might have warranted at least a comment (oh, it did, yours!)

I, like a lot of F/B users, firstly don't like the idea of having things forced on us and secondly especially something like the timeline and the changes associated with it. My query although annoying is not a biggy so will learn to live with it for now.......thanks for your interest. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users