Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did U Know?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 sleepydog

sleepydog

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:31 AM

Gilligan of Gilligan's Island had a first name that was only used once, on the never-aired pilot show. His first name was Willy. The skipper's real name on Gilligan's Island is Jonas Grumby. It was mentioned once in the first episode on the radio newscast about the wreck. The Professor's real name was Roy Hinkley, Mary Ann's last name was Summers and Mrs. Howell's maiden name was Wentworth.
Halloween took place in the town of Haddonfield, Illinois but almost all the cars in the film had California license plates.
Hara kiri is an impolite way of saying the Japanese word "seppuku" which means, literally, "belly splitting."
Heroin is the brand name of morphine once marketed by Bayer.
Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
Hindu men believe(d) it to be unluckily to marry a third time. They could avoid misfortune by marrying a tree first. The tree ( his third wife ) was then burnt, freeing him to marry again.
Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
Human hair and fingernails do not continue to grow after death.
The screwdriver was invented before the screw.
The 'Screwdriver' was invented by oilmen, who used the tool to stir the drink.

I love this one..

The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is 'Live Free or Die'. These license plates are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.

Edited by sleepydog, 01 March 2006 - 09:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

did you know that glass technically isnt solid matter it is a super cooled liquid after several years the glass in a window will be thicker at the bottom than the top.

everybody in the uk who drives a car is breaking the law the goverment never removed the crime where it says "you need one person standing in front of your car with a wight light or torch and one behind with a red light facing backwards.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

In zero gravity,such as a space capsule: that doing #2 and pasiing gas can cause Lift off. :thumbsup:
Thereby a seat belt is required while sitting.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

If in a vaccuum, a bowling ball and a feather will fall at the exact same rate.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

That the horns of a Rhino are made of hair.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

The sun actually isn't still, it revolves.

Edited by yano, 06 March 2006 - 04:49 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

G-rated family films earn far more money than any other rating. Yet only 3% of Hollywood's output is G-rated

#8 buffythemouse

buffythemouse

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:56 AM

A diamond will break if you hit it with a hammer

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:31 AM

A block of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened to a sheet the size of a tennis court .

#10 buffythemouse

buffythemouse

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

If NASA sent birds into space they would soon die; they need gravity to swallow.

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

A block of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened to a sheet the size of a tennis court .

I wanna see! :thumbsup: Sounds a little bit "odd," but I'm willing to byte. Link me up, Scotty! :flowers:

#12 buffythemouse

buffythemouse

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:17 PM

diamond vs hammer

proof :thumbsup:

Edited by buffythemouse, 07 March 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#13 buffythemouse

buffythemouse

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

When a golf ball is kept in the freezer until its core gets extremely cold, it loses resilences, and won't fly nearly as far as a normal ball, not even after its cover warms up to the touch. (sometimes used by practical jokers & cheats).

#14 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:08 AM

The sun is screwed! The equator rotates several times faster (in RPM) than the poles.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users