Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice Needed on Raw Image Backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SCHUH8

SCHUH8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi

I need some advice. I need to make a raw image of a windows 2003 server and have the ability to do a simple restore to a new HDD if the old one goes bad.

All of the solutions I can find out there are either far too complex (this will have to be run by people who are not terribly computer savvy), or they do not have a simple restore system (usually involves building a complex restore disk).

This is what I need:

1. preferably run from boot disk (CD preferred)
2. preferably able to make a raw image from a internal HDD with ANY system on it (xp. server, vista, 7)
3. able to backup raw image to an external HDD
3. able to restore raw image made in #3 from same boot disk

The keyword here is simple. Freeware is preferable but commercial software OK if reasonable.

Schedualed images would be nice but I realize that involves much more complexity and running from the installed operating system.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
schuh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 magicalcow

magicalcow

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

http://www.acronis.com/

#3 midi459

midi459

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

i use image for windows ..makes a complete copy of the physical drive all partitions etc ..
use the program to either make a bootable cd/dvd i prefer to use flash drive ...
then just restore ur image ..pretty idiot proof once its done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users