Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Hang! Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pinklady

pinklady

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:37 AM

Hi All,

My computer hang!! Even I wiped out everything , reformat all my drives and reinstall again, it still hang!

Whenever I played PC game halfway. the computer just freezed (even ctrl-alt-del does not work). I had to do a hardware reset. I had to restart the game all over again. HELP!!

Anyidea what went wrong?? Appreciate comments.

Thanks
Pinklady

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

Sounds like hardware not software problems. Have you opened your case and check to see if the fans are working> The proccessor, video card (if there is one), and the case fan(s)? Also clean the inside out. Blow the heatsink out. Cleaning the Interior of your PC
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

DId you remember to also re-install updated drivers for your video and audio cards, and any game patches?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 pinklady

pinklady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

Hi,

I tried the above but it did not help.

One observation is that when surfing internet it is working fine. It is only when I played games, after 5mins, it freezes without failed.

My RAM size is 512mb, so i thk should be enough. I changed graphics card, uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers again but that didn't help. So I don't think is the graphics card problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users