Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wish to not have Windows Mail compact notice at Computer startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

For the past few days, upon computer startup, Windows presents a message about compacting of messages. I do not use Windows Mail, and I made no settings or configuration changes for any Windows Mail or other things which would make the Windows Mail compression announcement occur. How do I make this message NOT appear upon Windows Startup? The message also appears if I open Windows Mail and then close it. But as I say, I do NOT use Windows Mail, and I've no plans to begin using it.

The dialog message reads like this:

Title: Windows Mail
Icon: Blue circle with a white "i"
Message: Windows Mail can compact the message store. This may take up to a few minutes.
Buttons: "OK", and "Cancel"
A hyperlink included: Get help from communities

So, can someone tell me how to stop this message from appearing? (Do I really need to give a screen shot?).

System: Windows Vista Home Premium fully updated, Toshiba Satellite P305, Not know processor speed but 2 Duo T5550, 3072 MB RAM, 200 GB Hardrive, Wireless Internet Connection (Broadband).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users