Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Pixels Appearing (moving) on the screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Suspended

Suspended

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hello and Thank you In advance for your time in even reading this..

First of all my system (or rather my neighbors system)

Acer Aspire 9410-2829
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
CPU: Intel T2080 1.73GHz
RAM: 2G (2038 MB)
Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 ... What it says when I goto information on the Graphics Properties:
Report Date:		06/05/2012
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]:	20:52:04
Driver Version:		7.14.10.1437
Operating System:		Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* ,  (6.0.6000)
Default Language:		English
DirectX* Version:		10.0
Physical Memory:		2037 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:	8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:	256 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:	109 MB
Processor:		x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Speed:		1728 MHZ
Vendor ID:		8086
Device ID:		27A2
Device Revision:		03

Anyway, the issue is that there are random moving pixels on the screen, that will range from mildly annoying to incredibly disabling the use of the computer.

This does not (as I am being told) happen all the time, but often enough. From what I have seen in recreating it, it only starts after the initial boot load (through the windows start up screen) but will appear at the login screen. It will continue going on, but I am able to "work around it" and make it less with changing some graphics options. I did update the driver using Windows automatic utility, I did not go to Intel to download their latest driver though.

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like typically off the boot:
Posted Image
Larger Pic

If I change the color settings from 32M to 16M it gets better, but still persists. I thought maybe it was the laptop screen going out, so I hooked up a working Monitor to it (LG Flatron E2341) and while not as pronounced of an issue as it was previously it was occurring on it as well.

I have been searching everywhere for anyone else who has had this problem, but while other people have somewhat similar issues none seem to match this.

Any further information that I should be providing, please let me know and I will give it to you, and if you need me to do something I will do it.

As an aside, this is my first time touching(using) a Vista computer.

Also this is the post that I originally found that was the closest I found to my problem and what brought me here

Thank you for your time in reading this!
-Suspended

**Edit 6/5/12 9:38 PM CST** Added link to larger picture as original was just a thumbnail
**Edit 6/5/12 9:45 PM CST** Added link to original post of similar issue on this board

Edited by Suspended, 05 June 2012 - 09:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

. I thought maybe it was the laptop screen going out, so I hooked up a working Monitor to it (LG Flatron E2341) and while not as pronounced of an issue as it was previously it was occurring on it as well.

Most likely a faulty video chip. I am not sure if a heat gun GPU reflow would fix the problem but that would be the only option when you take it to a repair shop. Motherboard replacement or a new laptop is the next choice.

Tekken

#3 Suspended

Suspended
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Thank you jhayz for the insight.

I will see if they want me to attempt a sodder reflow, although I may ask my neighbor for help (works with hardware repair on daily basis) or if they are willing to live with it for now.

- Suspended

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users