Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google & back button

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Toria123

Toria123

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Just as from yesterday when i search for something on Google and i click a link and then try go back to the search results page it doesn't it says on the same website and i need to double click fast to get back also its IE9. I've cleaned out my cookies and temp files but that doesn't work, any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hello,

Yes this is a common issue I have myself, there isn't really a fix for it, its google's issue I believe or most of the time its the website you are visiting's issue as its redirecting you and causing you to be brought back to the redirect page then being redirected quickly.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 lsdisciples

lsdisciples

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

The problem occurs when you click any search result. ** it's a google bug. **

I'm working for google support and here is the procedure to fix the back button google problem :
1- Remove all google toolbars
2- Remove chrome from your computer
3- Never make google.com as your default page
4- Use internet explorer
Optional step : Ask to 10 other people to do the same thing.

Important note : Note that it is very important to completely remove any google product since severe problem can occurs

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

It's a problem on Google's end as people have said above.

The reason it happens is because Google uses a redirect to send you to the page once you click on it in the search results. So when you click back once you're going to the "page" that's redirecting you, which then sends you back to the page you were just on. Double clicking takes you back to the results page since the first "back" doesn't have time to redirect you.

I noticed this a year or so ago.

#5 Toria123

Toria123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the replies and information. For some reason it seems to working ok again :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users