Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Empty folders automatically created

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marie1205

Marie1205

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hello,

Recently, I am having some troubles on my computer : everytime I open an excel file with my computer, I have an empty folder that is created at the same location as the excel file. The name of this empty folder is always weird characters (such as chinese or russian letters, and I am never using such characters).

I can re-open the same excel many times, everytime a new empty folder will be created.

Does anyone has an idea what it could be ?

I already tried to re-install office on my computer but it didn't change anything.
I am using windows 7 and office 2003.

Thanks alot for any help or advice that you could give me.

Marie

[Moderator edit: added Topic Description.jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 05 June 2012 - 09:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flytyingfool

flytyingfool

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Does this also happen when within Excel you open a new document, or only when you double click on an excel doucment to open it?

#3 Marie1205

Marie1205
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

only when double clicking on the doc to open it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users