Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything slow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hairylugs82

hairylugs82

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Running Windows 7, 32 bit, and having trouble when using network connection of any type. Everything slows down, even the mouse has trouble keeping up.

Just reinstalled windows less than two weeks ago. Not sure what the problem is

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

When you reinstalled the OS did you do a clean install (format then install)? If so, did you install all of the required drivers starting with the chipset driver? Open Device Manager - any yellow or red symbols?

#3 hairylugs82

hairylugs82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

I reinstalled critical drivers, didn't spend a ton of time on it.
Nothing shows up as out of date for my drivers.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

I didn't ask if anything shows as "out of date". I asked if there are any yellow or red symbols in device manager. And again, did you install the chipset driver?

#5 hairylugs82

hairylugs82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

Only one yellow symbol, it's for my android device. Reinstalling chipset driver from manufacturer's site now.

#6 hairylugs82

hairylugs82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

I believe I have the latest drivers for everything. Noticed that problem is even worse when using Flash.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

So this only happens when you go online with a browser? If so, have you tried a different browser (if you are using IE please try Firefox, Opera, Safari or Chrome).

#8 hairylugs82

hairylugs82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

I use firefox and chrome. It was a flash problem, reinstalled windows one last time (this time with x64 instead of 32) updated EVERYTHING, and it's running much smoother now. installed all the windows updates, got HP's driver autochecker, everything is much better. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users