Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant play or remove cda file

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hello there, on my "dvd rw drive (d) audio cd" i have 10 tracks as follows: Track00 and so on. and have the same thing on BD-RE Drive (E) audio cd. I cant play these files and cant get rid of them as i have tried deleting them to no avail. I have tried opening them with different players and to no avail. Can someone put me on the correct path to either playing them or getting rid of them. They are not anything that i have put on my computer as this is a new computer.Thanks Grassy

Edited by grassy, 05 June 2012 - 12:59 AM.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

.cda files are not playable; they are "pointers" that allow you to select different "tracts" on the disc.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

FWIW: .cda files are produced when a user attempts to copy a CD and, as stated, are not playable.

The only way to move those files properly...from a CD...is to rip them, using appropriate software. The resulting files will not exhibit the .cda extension and will playable, movable, etc.

Louis

#4 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Thanks guys for your feedback. So then these files cannot be removed and serve a purpose is that correct.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

http://www.techsupportalert.com/how_to_work_with_audio_cd_cda_files.htm

Tekken

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts