Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bleeping explorer.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anthonyp

anthonyp

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

I apologize I know you peeps have real virus and trojans to kill but I swear I hate this stupid computer.
My login works great all is fine but when my wife logs on her user the desktop is missing 90% of the icons and the task bar is missing. I have researched and found that the explorer.exe is the cause of my frustration but i can't figure out how to fix it. I have defraged, i have rebooted, i have restored, i have ran task manager I have tried to locate the old one and copy it and i have now given up. if it was mine i would just say screw it and start over, but it is the wifes and she aint happy which means I am working on it instead of being in bed trying to get some.
somebody please tell me how to find her old explorer.exe
this is the 2nd or third time this has happened and it usually comes back after a reboot... but not this time..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

My first guess...would be that her profile is damaged, since the problem doesn't impact other users.

I would create a new profile for your wife.

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users