Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect rootkit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NOnymous

NOnymous

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm having this issue again. Whenever I click on a redirect (in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and presumably Firefox, Opera, and Safari as well), I have what seems like a 50% chance of being sent to an unrelated website, including BeesQ.net, click-getanswersfast.com, inklineglobal.com, and something that crashes the browser. Running MBAM returned two results, but deleting them and restarting the computer did nothing. I'm getting the feeling that this is a rootkit and that it's time to ask for professional help.

IE9 and Google Chrome are both installed on my computer and I'm using Vista SP2.

Edited by NOnymous, 04 June 2012 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic448747.html/page__p__2652587__fromsearch__1#entry2652587

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users