Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player is using all my RAM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Littlebird85

Littlebird85

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

A file called wmpntwrk.exe is consistently using 2.5GB of RAM and runs constantly, slowing down my computer. This is Windows Media Player. Norton frequently gives me an error message saying that 'Windows Media Player Network Sharing Device has high CPU usage' or something to that effect. It is running as a process the entire time my computer is switched on, regardless of whether or not I am using this program. I have tried mucking around in the settings to no avail, so any ideas on how I can remove/disable/fix/uninstall this program would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Littlebird85

Littlebird85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

This link was effective in disabling it. Thank you Broni!

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/groovytip/what-is-wmpnetwk-exe-virusand-is-it-running/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users