Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand new Acer Aspire X1430g won't restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kmheinz

kmheinz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Our HP died, so we found a Acer Aspire X1430g on clearance at Walmart for $240 so we snatched it up. It was purchased on Friday 6.1.12 and I still do not have it up and running.

When I got it set up I tried activating the Anti virus software that came with it. It just kept saying activating and sat there forever. I tried to visit some websites and some wouldn't load, others would take forever, windows live messenger would not sign in. I did the Acer E recovery since I didn't have a reboot disk made yet. It got all the way to step 29 of 29 and sat there and sat there, not going any further so I shut the computer down. Tried it again, and the same thing happened, it got to step 29 and that's as far as it got. I left the computer alone for 6+ hours while it was on step 29. I'm no expert but I am sure it does not take that long to restore a computer. Frustrated, I chatted with Acer and provided them with the serial number off the side of the unit. He told me that I would have to purchase the recovery disk off their website since the unit was purchased in November 2011. I told him again that it was a brand new unit and he said I would have to fax proof of purchase and serial numbers to prove we just bought it. I asked if there was any way we could check to see if it was installed properly at the factory and he said no, the E recovery was the only way to fix this problem. So, I am really frustrated at why this brand new computer will not work. Is there any other way to get the computer to restore? Should I try it in safe mode? Should I just take the unit back to Walmart? Thanks for any help!

Walmart's return policy is 15 days with receipt and all paperwork that came with computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

IMO...you should take the advice of the Acer support personnel...unless there is some cogent reason for not doing so. The suggestions offered don't seem outlandish to me.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users