Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My OS won't load because of plugging in and automatic turning on????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ac98521

ac98521

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Here is what happened

1. I plugged the wire in my laptop(ASUS K40IJ) for some electricity

2. Without pressing the power button it suddenly turned on! Something was wrong at that time and it asked me to do something about the CMOS or something and I have noticed the time and date were jammed. But I proceeded.

3. I loaded my Windows 7 but there were problems regarding my dropbox(it had problems connecting to the website), on my google chrome( it could not load images). So I have decided to restart and see if it would fix the problem.

4. When I tried to run it again the system crashes(I couldnt even read the error) and restarts whenever I am in the "Starting Windows" screen.

5. I have tried almost all of the repairs offered by the OS except the command prompt part since I do not know how to use it.

6. Now I am stuck using my UBUNTU 11.10. It is working perfectly well until I saw that my chromium here was affected (It is not recording history but other than that it is working perfectly well)

What is the problem? Is it Hardware or Software? Help PLEASE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

I wonder if you have tried reinstalling Win 7 since you were able to use ubuntu flawlessly? Clearly its a software problem.

2. Without pressing the power button it suddenly turned on! Something was wrong at that time and it asked me to do something about the CMOS or something and I have noticed the time and date were jammed. But I proceeded.

The exact error message would help. Maybe safemode booting would have made a difference...during this instance. Uncheck auto restart and may have progress to the next step.

Tekken

#3 ac98521

ac98521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

the error stop is 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC00000034, 0x00000000, 0x000000000)

also after pressing F8, only the repair and disable restart was the one that worked properly....

Edited by ac98521, 06 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users