Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Printer problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 linked_up

linked_up

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

getting an error msg when i try to open my hp solution center program.. printer works fine ,but I have to go thru HP program menu to open it..The long way around.

msg is-- " Parsing error in file C:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033xml " ... I've tried few times to uninstall and install with mfg's CD..seems like everything loads fine.. I did notice I get no desk top icons of any kind. Only a menu bar icon for HP digital imaging monitor..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Take a look, http://error-codes-and-solutions.blogspot.com/2009/04/parsing-error-in-file.html .

Louis

#3 th3p00r

th3p00r

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

it seems like the HP Digital imaging monitor that gives the error, you don't need that to run at startup. you can disable it by at start menu type: msconfig and enter. click on the Startup tab--> and look for HP Digital Imaging monitor and unchecked it.

#4 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

tks.. Member, I will try that, see what happens...

#5 linked_up

linked_up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Tried as Member suggested, still get error msg..I tried another uninstall with mfg CD... Reinstalled with mfg. CD same results, no solution center page...
tried the selective software install on mfg. CD... That says that the solution center software IS installed???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users