Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google has marked my site as having malicious software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobkat

bobkat

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

After years of running small websites without any problems - I get a series of e-mails from Google advising me that they have found malicious software - including some reference to a russian site. I host my site at GoDaddy but have not a clue on how to proceed from here. Do I delete every file in my site and try to reinstall? That would be a pain. A referral from badwarebusters.org said this site has a great commuinity of volunteers that can often help total idiots like me. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bobkat

bobkat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

sorry - I left ouit the web site - http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.a-gscaletrains.com will bring up Googles diagnostics. Thanks

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum38.html

Probably they can help you out

Edited by narenxp, 03 June 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Info/ links in link below should help you.
Cleaning your site - Webmaster Tools Help
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 bobkat

bobkat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yippee !! I found the hack code. It was added to my index.php page. The suggestions from here and Webmaster tools gave me a place to look. Thanks to all that pointed me in the right direction. Hopefully that is the only page that is corrupted. It made sense since the pages Google found all with malware all started here. I changed my FTP password today. Any idea how they could alter a page on my site? Is there any other recomended procedures. Thanks again.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

I won't be much help in securing your website....above my pay grade...
But you should at the least block the IP / domain that the hacker used and Google noted....I would think.

There was more info on the link I provided that gave instructions for removing the Google warning in their search
and more info on how to secure your website. May involve you and your host....GoDaddy

Drivebys are nasty business...glad you found the culprit.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users