Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

small little box in upper left that appears randomely and frezes computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stuck with vista

stuck with vista

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

I have Vista home profesional machine. Everything works fine except that every so often a small box appears in the mid-upper left screen. This box has an"X" to close it, an underline to minimaze it. Except nothing works.The computer imediately "freezes" I have tryed shuting down every thing in task master. Still no good. MY guess is that it is some form of Malware that originally wanted me to buy some program, but has gone haywire and lost the link to whatever product it was pushing. Any guesses?

Edit: Moved from Miniguides to Vista~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 03 June 2012 - 06:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Can you take a screenshot of the box...and post it?

How To Capture And Edit A Screen Shot - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43088.html/page__gopid__2493350

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users