Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some kind of SPAM virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

If this is turns out to be a second posting, my sincere apologies. I searched my name and found nothing.

I may have some kind of virus residing in my Yahoo email. I usually don't sign out. And probably I received some vaguely familiar subject title in the Yahoo spam filter file which checking it. I opened it and it it was a link from someone I didn't recognize, but I clicked on it and a webpage promoting making money at home appeared with the city name of a place nearby in the testimonial.
The next day I opened the account and found that all my addresses had been used to send out this article/virus.
The sent box was interesting as only 15 or so appeared and they were sent to addresses that were NOT in my addressbook, but of course from me.
BY that informaton i am assuming that the virus can somehow store some email addresses. How doies it work and How do i get rid of it. I assume that it is still there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

The link within that email allowed access to your email contacts. Please change your password immediately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users