Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smart HDD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sra1thi

Sra1thi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hello,
My laptop got infected with Smart HDD and I followed the tutorial which was in BleepingComputer.com to remove it (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-smart-hdd). In the fourth step, they asked to install rkill. In infected computer i can use internet, so i tried to download it directly, it is downloaded but when i am running it, its showing installation failed, but i still got that black window and its showing its stopped working ( A problem caused the program to stop working correctly)....so i downloaded rkill in another computer and transfered it and tried run in infected computer but still showing same problem. So please help with this.

Thank You
Sra1thi

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2012 - 07:08 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Try renaming the file to something else like nomoremalware.exe

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

why do you want to run rkill if malwarebytes works?

Boot into safemode with networking and install malwarebytes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users