Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turn my site into a proxy server

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Honeycutt

Brian Honeycutt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi guys,

I come with a question I've googled and googled and can't seem to get a clear answer for.

I have a domain with bluehost and want to know if it's possible to be able to turn it into a ip accessible proxy server.

I've read around there are scripts I put onto my site and that will do some things but what I really need socket 4 or 5
and a direct IP for access to use.

If what I type sounds noobish it's because I am very green when it comes to web development, networking and maintenance is my forte.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

A domain is just a name. Do you actually have hosting anywhere?

#3 some1special

some1special

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi guys,

I come with a question I've googled and googled and can't seem to get a clear answer for.

I have a domain with bluehost and want to know if it's possible to be able to turn it into a ip accessible proxy server.

I've read around there are scripts I put onto my site and that will do some things but what I really need socket 4 or 5
and a direct IP for access to use.

If what I type sounds noobish it's because I am very green when it comes to web development, networking and maintenance is my forte.

I think you can.
Basicly you'd put an IP restriction to it, and use something like file_get_contents($url) in php to simulate proxy.

You would see the page, while the page would see the data from the server used as a proxy

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think you want to put up a proxy site like HideMyAss.
For this, you can use free PHP scripts like Glype http://www.glype.com/
There are other kinds of scripts too but this is simplest and still effective.
BTW, you need you webhost's consent first or you would end up having your hosting account banned/removed.

#5 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Use squid proxy. Keep in mind your ISP may block ports inbound to your server. And IS can still know what you're doing and where you're going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users